Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Change

I'm not one for change; I'll admit it. When I was first told to start a blog, I was intimidated. I don't like to put my ideas out into the public eye, because I don't want anyone to disagree with me or potentially not like me. I'm just a people-pleaser. I always have been, and to some extent, I probably always will be.

Change is all around us, though. The times are changing; the climate is constantly changing; underwear is (hopefully) being changed daily. In fact, it could be argued that change is more consistent than consistency (oh yeah, I went there). Things are constantly changing, and change is, for the most part, good, so why is change such a hard thing?

Maybe change is hard due to a fear of failure. I know that's something that influences me. Maybe change is difficult because the idea of risking what you already have for something you have no idea about is just too tough to grasp. Maybe it's just a matter of overthinking things.

Though I may not fully understand why it is hard to grasp change, I know that it is important for growth. Though it would be easier to stay in one place and stick with what is known, change will happen. It may be tough, and I may be forced out of my comfort zone, but I will grow; that's one thing I can count on.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm...That's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fearing change is all the more reason to go after it. Seize your fears by the throat and strangle them! You'll soon find that, to quote FDR, "you have nothing to fear but fear it'self!" As for fear of failure, we all fail sometimes, but as General Patton once said, "it's not how far you fall that counts, but how high you bounce when you hit bottom. Change is the one thing you can count on in life, embrace it and go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked what you had to say about change in our lives. It reminds me of part of what I said in my post linked at the bottom. One of the professors we met with said that, "change is constant." I thought that was a good summary of how he felt about seasons of change in his life. Thanks for the post!

    https://medium.com/@ewomack/a-journey-to-discover-those-who-pass-by-558fc34ce8ca

    ReplyDelete